Dorianne Laux 9 p.m., Aug. 27
Culture & Cocktails
The San Diego Museum of Art usually hosts themed shows based on one of the traveling exhibitions for its summer Culture & Cocktails event, but this summer the Museum focuses on its permanent collection.
At the event, customized drinks are tailored at the bar. Guests can explore the permanent collection which includes ancient Buddhist sculpture to twentieth century icons like Matisse and Dali. Attendees can also interact with a digital painting wall or pose with props in the photo area while DJ Gabe Vega spins in the main room.
Culture & Cocktails takes place on Thursday, June 21 at 6 p.m. It's a 21+ event, free for members, and $15 for nonmembers.
More like this:
- Hold that lion: a pictorial history of the MGM logo — June 27, 2013
- Free third Tuesday — Oct. 16, 2012
- Literary event at Mingei — Sept. 18, 2012
- SDMA's Annual Screen on the Green Kicks Off This Saturday Night — July 19, 2012
- "Alien DNA" — May 31, 2012