Marty Graham 8:30 a.m., June 30
Young Adult Book Club
If you have a young bookworm at home, Malcom X Library (5148 Market St) is hosting a young adult book club for teens to discuss their personal readings, meet friends, and gain exposure to a variety of other books and authors.
"Book club for young adults meets at 4pm on the fourth Thursday of every month. Come share what you’ve read with other attendees and hear what they’ve read. Snacks provided," states the event site. Successive meet ups include August 23, September 27, and October 25. The book club is free.
I can personally recommend Joanna Pearson's The Rites and Wrongs of Janice Wills as a good start to summer reading. But don't take my word for it--see the reviews on Amazon.
More like this:
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 5 - Sunday — July 21, 2013
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 2 - Thursday — July 18, 2013
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 1 — July 17, 2013
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 — July 26, 2012
- Young Adult Fiction Writing — July 10, 2012