Marty Graham 6:30 p.m., Jan. 17
Fashion & Film Festival
For three consecutive nights, July 26, 27, and 28 from 8:00 – 10:00 p.m., the La Jolla Fashion & Film Festival brings 20 short films to the Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla (700 Prospect St).
"Recognizing the emergence of the cinematic genre to the fashion world, LJFFF features productions from established and emerging fashion houses and film directors, using the film short as both an expression of art and as a way to introduce collections to the marketplace," states the website.
A press reception kicks off the fiml festival at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 26, followed by a screening at 8 p.m. and an after party at Barfly (909 Prospect St) from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. On Friday and Saturday, July 27 and 28, seminars with directors and specialists will take place before screenings. Participants this year include Karl Lagerfeld, Jonas Akerlund, Marcus K Jones and many more. After parties will follow both nights, and on the last night of the festival, an awards ceremony will take place at Barfly. Tickets cost $75-225.
More like this:
- Horrible Imaginings — Sept. 21, 2012
- Alt.pictureshows 2012 Tonight at MCASD La Jolla — Aug. 30, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 — July 26, 2012
- 48 Hour Film Project Screenings Begin Tonight at UltraStar Poway — June 25, 2012
- FilmOut 14 Runs May 30 - July 10 at Birch North Park Theatre — May 24, 2012