Bob McPhail 5:30 p.m., May 25
PRIDE Block Party
San Diego kicks off Pride weekend with its first ever Pride Block Party on Friday, July 20 from 7 to 11 p.m. The block party will feature "dancing, DJ's, food, drinks and a "Hillcrest Pride Flag Viewing" ferris wheel."
Pride, a nonprofit organization, works toward "fostering pride in and respect for all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities, locally, nationally, and globally." Tickets range from $15 for general admission to $50 for VIP and $1,000 for a private cabana. The event will take place at the corner of University Ave and Normal St.
More like this:
- Teachers' union favorite from San Diego gets a top senate education post — Dec. 21, 2012
- Uptown Planners Hear Proposal to Rename Hillcrest Street After Harvey Milk — March 5, 2012
- Gay District: Hillcrest Proposes Huge Rainbow Flag, Rainbow Arm Patches, Rainbow Gates for Neighborhood — Feb. 14, 2012
- Pride Parade Goeth Before Them All. Wrath Next? Greed? — July 20, 2011
- Ain't Too Proud to Clean — July 15, 2008