Robert Bush 9 a.m., March 29
TED was founded in 1984 in California with the first TED conference in Monterey. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design and the nonprofit organization has a global reach with conferences in Europe, the Americas, and Asia. Engineers, doctors, innovators, designers, artists, and writers among others are given up to 18 minutes to speak about their work or causes. These talks are recorded and streamed through the TED website.
TEDx is a local, self-organized TED experience. San Diego's La Jolla Playhouse (2910 La Jolla Village Dr) will feature the critically acclaimed Calder Quartet; Greg Koch, co-founder and CEO of Stone Brewing Co. in Escondido, Melinda Richter, CEO and founder of Prescience International, and more.
TEDx in San Diego falls on July 14 and begins at 10:30 a.m. Tickets range from $25-100.
More like this:
- ComicFest Day 2 Photo Report: Sci-fi fans & Jokerman — Oct. 5, 2013
- ComicFest Day 1 Photo Report: Local lights & men in tights — Oct. 4, 2013
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 5 - Sunday — July 21, 2013
- Fashion Week San Diego Sneak Peek — Sept. 11, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 — July 26, 2012