Jeff Smith 2 p.m., Dec. 18
Fallbrook's High School Choir to Sing Back Up Vocals for Foreigner
Members of the Fallbrook Union High School varsity choir, the “Madrigals”, will sing back up for Foreigner ‘s “I Want to Know What Love Is” when the band performs at Pala Casino on Sunday, July 8th at 7PM.
“The whole choir is really excited about this performance,” said vocal coach, Heather Smith. “While we have backed a number of bands in Southern California, we have never worked with anyone like Foreigner.”
In 2011, the Madrigals received the Adjudicator’s Award at Orlando’s International Heritage Festival. They were subsequently invited to perform at Carnegie Hall in New York City, but due to fiscal constraints could not attend.
Foreigner released the gospel-inspired #1 hit song in 1984 with background vocals performed by the New Jersey Mass Choir. The Brit led American sextet has endured several makeovers since its inception in 1976. Mick Jones, composer of the song, is the only original member in the current lineup. The band has sold over 70 million albums, one topping the charts longer than any artist in Atlantic Records’ 60 year history.
More like this:
- Eddie Vedder gets Sirius — Dec. 6, 2012
- Rudies Rock Music High Film (World Premiere Aug. 17, Crest Thtr, Oceanside) — Aug. 2, 2012
- Free Barbershop Quartet Lessons at the Church — April 4, 2012
- Happy 30th Birthday, Adam Lambert: The Year in Glam — Jan. 29, 2012
- Royals of San Diego Recruited to Back Original Safaris — May 18, 2011