Ken Harrison 12:30 p.m., Sept. 30
Rocky Horror Midnight Show
The Ken Cinema in Kensington (4061 Adams Ave) is showing The Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight on Saturday, July 21. Built in 1912, and owned by Landmark Theatres since 1975, Ken Cinema features classic cult, independent, and foreign films on its single screen.
Transvestites, a hunchback, mad science, jealousy, murder, and song. The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a cult film from 1975 featuring Susan Sarandon and Tim Curry. The film was selected in 2005 to be in the National Film Registry for being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."
Currently, the Ken Cinema is showing The Big Lebowski and Neil Young Journeys. Tickets for all shows can be bought at the box office for $7.50-8.50.
More like this:
- Get well soon, Tim Curry - a musical overview of his forgotten rock star years — May 24, 2013
- Midnight Madness Returns In Style to The Ken — June 12, 2012
- Summer Means 35mm Midnight Movies at The Ken! — June 22, 2011
- The Day the Ken Cinema Made Cult Movie History — May 16, 2011
- When Cult Movies Ruled at Midnight — March 1, 2010