Marcus Perez 8 a.m., Feb. 20
Casino games, New Year's Eve, and a two-year anniversary at Go Lounge
Rock and roll venue celebrates their biggest tradition tonight.
When I first visited The Go Lounge (7123 El Cajon Boulevard - La Mesa) in May, owner Marcus told me he was big on traditions.
As such, the quirky rock and roll bar has played host to customary meals including a Mardi Gras shrimp boil served on newspaper and St. Patty’s bangers imported from New York.
Tonight, The Go Lounge celebrates two of their most important traditions: New Year’s Eve and their two-year anniversary.
That’s right, The Go Lounge opened their doors on December 31, 2010, and has since grown into a La Mesa monument of cheap beer, free live music, and cult move nights.
Join them this evening for $3 drafts and shots from 2 ‘til 7 ($2 shot of Jack with beer purchase), food, music, and casino games.
Come midnight, you can jockey for year’s first kiss with house mannequin Lola Love.
More like this:
- San Diego Guide to Holiday Fun — Nov. 30, 2016
- Happy Hour: that transcendental space between drinking too early and drinking too much — April 3, 2013
- Anniversary ales abound — Jan. 10, 2013
- EDM: Dragon Lounge 15-year anniversary — Jan. 3, 2013
- The Go Lounge — May 30, 2012