Jeff Smith 11:59 p.m., Feb. 8
Revisiting UC San Diego
I graduated from UCSD about six years ago. This what I remember fondly: the expansive walks across campus, the eucalyptus grove, the sunny coffee shop on the edge of the food court facing the engineering buildings.
My husband and I went to campus last weekend. (Free parking Sat and Sun!) We parked in Muir College's lot and walked around Muir (the buildings looked the same) though the Mexican eatery operated by UCSD has been transformed into Roots, "the University's first exclusively vegetarian/vegan eatery and lounge." We also spotted solar powered trash bins.
We traversed the eucalyptus grove into the main student center and bought two notebooks at the student store, and then walked through Warren College and spotted "Fallen Star," a 15 x 18 cottage joined to the top of Jacobs Hall. Tours are given on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
We enjoyed our time on campus, and will walk the 4-mile campus loop next time.
More like this:
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz V: What is hidden in the snow, comes forth in the thaw — Dec. 27, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game IV: Catch it! — Dec. 27, 2012
- Blind Burro: Busy being born — Dec. 7, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for The Bourne Legacy — June 6, 2012
- "Alien DNA" — May 31, 2012