Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., Dec. 12
This Sunday, December 9, there are two holiday events happening at North County historical societies. Both events are from 2:00-4:00p.m.
The Vista Historical Society will host their annual Christmas Tea at the Park Terrace Café at the Gloria E. McClellan Senior Center. In addition to yummy refreshments, a special visitor who sometimes says, “Ho, ho, ho!” will be in attendance. The Encore Youth Choir of Vista’s Encore Youth Theatre will add to the holiday spirit with a performance. Admission is free.
A bit west, the Carlsbad Historical Society invites you to decorate the Shipley-Magee House with them. Holiday songs and carols will add to the festivities. Attendees are asked to bring a treat to share.
Whichever you choose, either event is sure to bring a smile to the start of the holiday season and introduce you and yours to a couple of our wonderful North County historical organizations.
Vista Historical Society and Museum 2317 Old Foothill Drive P.O. Box 1032 Vista, Ca 92085-1032 Phone 760-630-0444 http://www.vistahistoricalsociety.com/
Gloria E. McClellan Senior Center 1400 Vale Terrace Drive, Vista CA 92084 (760) 639-6160
Carlsbad Historical Society 258 Beech Street P.O. Box 252 Carlsbad, CA 92008 (760) 434-9189 http://www.carlsbadhistoricalsociety.com/
More like this:
- 70+ great ways to celebrate the holidays — Dec. 4, 2013
- I Went to the Airport…to Eat! — Dec. 2, 2012
- Friends of Chula Vista Parks & Recreation Back Buck Martin — June 30, 2012
- Homeless People Drummed Out of San Diego's Downtown Library — Oct. 15, 2010
- In San Diego, I can plant almost any grape I think will work, and nobody's going to call me crazy — April 14, 2010