Don Bauder 2:30 p.m., Aug. 1
A good ol' shopping party, take 2
Mercado Golodrina promises food, local vendors and music at their pop-up shop this Thursday
If you weren't able to get down to The Goods Show this Black Friday, another opportunity to have fun while shopping local is just on the horizon.
This Thursday, December 6, Mercado Golondrina is holding their free holiday shopping pop-up event from 6-10pm.
Mercado Golondrina, a local traveling urban arts market, will put down some roots at The Spot Barrio Logan (1835 Main Street) transforming it into a space ripe with local artists, vendors and crafters.
Items sold are said to "range from limited edition silk-screened clothing to custom jewelry to handcrafted gifts to original artwork".
A raffle being held throughout the night will feature unique Christmas ornaments created exclusively for this event by each vendor artist.
Champurrado, a Mexican hot chocolate-like drink, and pan dulce will be provided to shoppers but those with larger appetites can choose to purchase Baja Doggz's bacon-wrapped goodness or fresh hand-made empanadas and salsas from Spanglish Eats.
Ears will also be tickled with sounds from DJ Moniloca and DJ Wicho from 6-9pm and Musician Esteban from 9-10pm.
The artist vendors in attendance are purported to be many, too many to list here, but can be found on the event listing.
Image from Mercado Golodrina
More like this:
- Celebrate fresh, community fun Saturday at Go Local - Golden Hill at the Market — April 4, 2013
- Vegetarian Cuisine & Arts Festival gets second whirl in Tijuana — March 13, 2013
- The Front's 6th Annual Dia de la Mujer Art Exhibition — March 7, 2013
- Toe The Line at Planet Rooth Design Haus — Feb. 27, 2013
- Warby Parker and Invisible Children's Common Good Market — Feb. 2, 2013