Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., March 14
Apple harvest in Julian
The Fall Apple Harvest in Julian kicks off on Sunday, September 1 and runs through November 30. "Revel in the fall foliage and delight in succulent apples during the Julian Apple Harvest when Julian celebrates the award-winning apples that helped it prosper after a short-lived gold rush in the late 1800s. Located only 45 minutes northeast of San Diego, this charming and historic mountain town offers homemade apple pie, apple cider, art shows and entertainment during this favorite time of year," states the site.
Most apple orchards open on September 7 and some offer U-Pick where guests can meander the orchards and harvest their own apples. Until then, visitors can take advantage of local eateries, vendors, and of course, taste the famous Julian apple pies at Apple Alley Bakery, Julian Pie Company, or Mom's Pies.
More like this:
- Earth Day on the Mountain — April 21, 2013
- Apple Festival — Sept. 11, 2012
- Mom's Pies: Fuel for Famished Cyclists (or Other People) in Julian — Jan. 15, 2012
- Apple Days in Julian, California — Oct. 14, 2009
- Julian's Apple Survivors — Nov. 8, 2001