Don Bauder 7:51 p.m., Aug. 3
Room to Read at Anthology
On Tuesday, August 21 from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m., Anthology (1337 India St) hosts Room to Read, a night of champagne, appetizers, live music by the Anthology House Band, a silent auction, and an opportunity to meet local supporters. Free street parking is available nearby the venue after 6 p.m. Room to Read is a non-profit literacy empowerment organization.
"We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education," states the Room to Read site. The goal for this event is $2,500 to send 10 girls to school for a year; funds will go toward providing "material support--such as school fees, clean uniforms or transportation, in addition to mentoring and life skills training to help girls succeed in the classroom and beyond."
Tickets cost $20 and entrance includes appetizers and a free flute of champagne.
More like this:
- Trailer Park: Seventh Son — Aug. 2, 2013
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz V: What is hidden in the snow, comes forth in the thaw — Dec. 27, 2012
- RIP Spirit drummer Ed Cassidy: w/ Spirit in San Diego concert archive — Dec. 7, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Two: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz IV: The New Batch — Aug. 21, 2012