Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Aug. 29
Latin Jazz Thursdays at Voz Alta
Thursday's are Latin jazz night lead by trumpeter Bill Caballero at the Voz Alta art space in Barrio Logan. The music starts at 7 and goes till about 10, but show up early to enjoy the art and save a seat.
Last time I visited, about six weeks ago, the place was standing room only by 8:30. An art exhibit called "Attack of the Lazer Bean" by Ricardo Islas and Segio Hernandez depicted Chicano icons in a cartoony, street style.
The current exhibit, Brave New World, features the work of BriskOne, Herman Placensia, and Leocifer767.
Voz Alta is at 1754 National Avenue.
More like this:
- Enigmatic Party: sights and sounds of Baja in the Barrio — Sept. 21, 2013
- Merry Christmas from Your Pals at The Big Screen — Dec. 25, 2011
- Frank Zappa Would Have Been 71 Today - Viva La Bizarre! — Dec. 21, 2011
- Anatomy Of An Ad Campaign: Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs — July 25, 2011
- 100 Worst Album Covers of All Time — May 25, 2011