Dorian Hargrove 11:30 p.m., March 13
Latin Jazz Thursdays at Voz Alta
Thursday's are Latin jazz night lead by trumpeter Bill Caballero at the Voz Alta art space in Barrio Logan. The music starts at 7 and goes till about 10, but show up early to enjoy the art and save a seat.
Last time I visited, about six weeks ago, the place was standing room only by 8:30. An art exhibit called "Attack of the Lazer Bean" by Ricardo Islas and Segio Hernandez depicted Chicano icons in a cartoony, street style.
The current exhibit, Brave New World, features the work of BriskOne, Herman Placensia, and Leocifer767.
Voz Alta is at 1754 National Avenue.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Merry Christmas from Your Pals at The Big Screen — Dec. 25, 2011
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows — Oct. 19, 2011
- Picture Story: Anne Hathaway Has a Bad Day on the Set of Dark Knight Rises — Sept. 26, 2011
- Release the Kraken! — Aug. 14, 2011