Susan Luzzaro 9 p.m., Aug. 20
Latin Jazz Thursdays at Voz Alta
Thursday's are Latin jazz night lead by trumpeter Bill Caballero at the Voz Alta art space in Barrio Logan. The music starts at 7 and goes till about 10, but show up early to enjoy the art and save a seat.
Last time I visited, about six weeks ago, the place was standing room only by 8:30. An art exhibit called "Attack of the Lazer Bean" by Ricardo Islas and Segio Hernandez depicted Chicano icons in a cartoony, street style.
The current exhibit, Brave New World, features the work of BriskOne, Herman Placensia, and Leocifer767.
Voz Alta is at 1754 National Avenue.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Merry Christmas from Your Pals at The Big Screen — Dec. 25, 2011
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows — Oct. 19, 2011
- Picture Story: Anne Hathaway Has a Bad Day on the Set of Dark Knight Rises — Sept. 26, 2011
- Release the Kraken! — Aug. 14, 2011