Don Bauder 7:30 a.m., Aug. 28
World Refugee Forum
The World Refugee Forum at the Museum of Photographic Arts on June 19, featured photographs and talks by photographers Bear Guerra and Don Bartletti.
Guerra, known as a humanitarian photographer, shared his photographs of Somali Bantu refugees who ended up in Boston (left). His photos depict the refugees in a vulnerable and compassionate light. He told stories of people who have experienced difficulties most Americans couldn’t imagine. They had to learn English and get accustomed to things as simple as running water and electricity.
Author (left) with featured photographer Don Bartletti
Pulitzer-winning photojournalist Don Bartletti shared stories and displayed a series of photographs titled “Consequences of War and Peace.” His depiction of Iraqis in Basra after the fall of Saddam Hussein seemed to captivate the audience.
Somali refugees spoke at the forum.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Grindhouse Movie Reviews: Walkabout, Roeg's 1971 Acid/Aboriginal Trip — Feb. 2, 2012
- Famous Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen (Exclusive) Pt. 2 — Nov. 16, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- 100 Worst Album Covers of All Time — May 25, 2011