Walter Mencken 10 a.m., July 23
San Diego Ad Club Bash
Last night I attended the San Diego Ad Club's Centennial Ad Bash, celebrating San Diego's Top 100 Brands (of which the Reader is one). The event was held at the San Diego Zoo, at the Zoofari Outdoor Patio. Here's a visual synopsis for you, with a bit of caption commentary:
I'm perpetually early. This is where I waited from 5:30 (start of registration time) until 6 (when they actually let us in).
This ant eater greeted the guests. Later, while I was busy taking pictures of the crowd to share with you, I almost stepped on him. Here's a short video of the critter being cute, and then strolling around the party like he owned it:
Other animal guests were out and about, like this gator and itty bitty owl.
Here's a crowd shot, ad peeps mingling and drinking and nibbling and such.
As the sun went down, the area became sparkly.
Mayor Jerry Sanders greeted us by way of pre-recorded video.
The Reader's plaque! Now, I may or may have not gotten drunk. You'll have to read my Diva account of the event for all the juicy and bitchy details. I'll work on getting that up soon. ;)
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Dream Theater December 1 @ Balboa Theater: Photos — Dec. 3, 2011
- Part 4: Famous Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen (Exclusive) — Nov. 30, 2011
- Famous Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen (Exclusive) Pt. 3 — Nov. 21, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011