Matthew Lickona 7 a.m., April 24
It Must be Friday: Free Drinks, Psychedelic Rock, Bouncy House, and Drum and Bass
Photo at left: Schitzophonics
It’s Friday and here are some things for doing:
Start the night at the Tipsy Crow (770 Fifth Ave.) with a Tap Hunter happy hour from 6 to 7. That’s free beer from a selection of 99 craft cans and choice cocktails. After 7, show your Tap Hunter app (Huh? You don’t have a SMARTPHONE?!) for drink tickets. As an added incentive, the first 15 in for happy hour get free t-shirts.
With a good leg up on the rest of the weekending crowd, head over to Eleven to wild out at the Schitzophonics’ CD release party. These guys play super savage psychedelic rock in the vein of MC5, Jimi Hendrix, and Dungen. The New Kinetics will be fresh back from their 10 day West Coast tour with LEGZ (NYC). Arizona post punk trio JJCnV tops off the bill.
Is it the dance you crave?
Shake zee bon bon.
More like this:
- SD Union birthday party with Photek — Sept. 28, 2013
- SD Union three-year anniversary with Total Science and Gridlok — Aug. 13, 2013
- Basswaves: B. Cute's Art of Sound — Oct. 3, 2012
- Five Free Friday Fiestas — Aug. 5, 2011
- San Diego's Beat Scene — June 6, 2011