Dorian Hargrove 4:30 p.m., June 24
- Community Blog
WALMARTS (VRS BELOW BLOG) GARDEN DEPT IS...
is fine, donating a extensive garden at the R&R Sober Living Retreat where I reside, I have spent a considerable sum for over a year at their garden centers. They do have some problems, they dont have anyone ever there that knows anything about what is sold there.
I have a suggestion, they might contact local garden clubs and see if for instance on a Saturday, for a donation to those clubs and paying a member for a one day appearance at same, to aid customers with questions or to advise same.
Myself an old gardener would love to. Last year, they had a "Hello Dolly" rose that I havent been able to locate since. I had a 4 inch flat camellia style blossum that was magnificent, They should feature that rose, growing in containers! Its extremely unique.
Too, no one in their employ knows anything about caring for their plants, they should have one who does to supervise the others. Or a traveling rep going from store to store. Those garden centers can if promoted right can bring in customers to buy everything else!
More like this:
- The 300 Million Dollar Bouquet — May 18, 2000
- Three-D San Diego: The Closest Thing to Time Travel — Oct. 14, 1999
- Whites Feel That This Country Belongs to Them - the Dirt, the Sand, the Water — Aug. 29, 1996
- What We Love Chooses Us: San Diego's Secret Gardens — June 2, 1994
- Mean Business: Sol Price and the FedMart story — April 1, 1982