Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Aug. 26
- Community Blog
- OB in HD
Stick Figure live at Ocean Beach Farmer's Market
When the OB in HD crew first caught a Stick Figure performance at June 2009's Ocean Beach Street Fair, it was love at first bassline.
The band's take on reggae combines masterful musicianship with smart, soulful lyrics and a deep understanding of the roots and dub genres to deliver some incredibly enjoyable music. So after that initial encounter with the Stick Figure sound, we quickly put the band at the top of our favorites list, bought their albums, and kept an eye out for an opportunity to film another live performance.
It took awhile, but we finally got our chance. This clip, from last week's Ocean Beach Farmer's Market, features ten minutes of highlights from Stick Figure's hourlong set, which kept the crowd dancing and put smiles on faces up and down Newport Avenue.
Songs you'll hear include Livin' It and Hawaii Song from Stick Figure's newest album, Smoke Stack. You'll also get a taste of So Good and We Get High from 2008's Burnin' Ocean as well as Stick Figure's take on some timeless reggae classics.
Stick Figure is front man Scott Woodruff on lead guitar, Brendan Dane on bass, Todd Smith on drums, and Kevin Bong on keys. For more information, visit http://www.stickfiguremusic.com/
More like this:
- Stick Figure brings sweet finish to Farmer's Market set — May 2, 2010
- More of Stick Figure at the OB Farmer's Market — April 22, 2010
- Stick Figure covers Leaving Babylon and goes for Livin' It — April 15, 2010
- Stick Figure plays We Get High, Bring Down, and If This World Were Mine — April 12, 2010
- Stick Figure's opening 10 minutes — April 9, 2010