Matthew Lickona 7 a.m., April 24
SDG&E parent Sempra to build Midwest wind farm
San Diego-based Sempra U.S. Gas & Power announced yesterday (September 26) that the company will be developing a 75-megawatt wind power project in Nebraska, dubbed Broken Bow 2, with construction expected to begin in December.
“Sempra U.S. Gas & Power's Broken Bow 2 wind project will create hundreds of construction jobs and provide a substantial economic boost to the local economy," said Melissa Garcia, president and CEO of Custer Economic Development Corporation, in a release announcing the acquisition.
The power generated is expected to provide for 30,000 Nebraska homes, but will not contribute toward requirements placed upon Sempra to source one third of energy from renewable sources within California by 2020.
More like this:
- Sempra Partners with BP on Hawaiian Wind Farm — May 21, 2012
- Sempra Adds to Its Holdings with Mississippi Utility Purchase — Jan. 4, 2012
- Sempra Wins Solar Energy Award — Oct. 20, 2011
- More Opposition to Cross-Border Power — Aug. 25, 2011
- Sempra to Quadruple Nevada Solar Generation — Aug. 5, 2011