Dave Good 9 p.m., April 23
Tale of two pairs of guilty brothers
One pair cheated sports fans; other pair filed fictitious documents
Twin brothers Anthony David Casias and Leo Ronald Casias Jr. today (Sept. 23) pleaded guilty to cheating sports fans through their L&T Sports Events, Inc. Clients paid in advance for flights, game tickets, and hotel accommodations for sporting events. But according to the U.S. Attorney's office, the brothers diverted those advance payments to other uses, leaving clients stranded.
Brothers Adel Afkarian and Atef Afkarian pleaded guilty to mail and wire fraud in a scheme involving sales of expensive homes in San Diego (including La Jolla) and Del Mar. Among other things, the brothers hid the existence of outstanding liens on properties they sold.
More like this:
- Charge it: Casias brothers sentenced for sports scam — Jan. 19, 2014
- San Diegan guilty of basketball heist — Jan. 8, 2013
- Sports scam — Dec. 19, 2012
- Four Plead Guilty in Loan Modification Scheme — Dec. 16, 2011
- Are the Padres Married to the Mob? — Jan. 27, 2000