Jay Allen Sanford 8 p.m., Nov. 25
Former customs officer gets 78 months for taking bribes
His Jaguar seized; accomplices also sentenced
Former Customs and Border Protection Officer Hector Rodriguez was sentenced today (Sept. 9) to 78 months in prison for taking bribes for bringing in aliens for financial gain. Among the items seized were a 2009 Jaguar and 12 luxury watches.
Rodrigue admitted that from 2010 to 2012, he received bribes from codefendants Gerardo Rodriguez and Maria Guerrero in return for letting illegal aliens into the U.S. Gerardo Rodriguez was sentenced to 60 months and Guerrero got 30 months for their roles.
More like this:
- White-collar lash — June 1, 2015
- He gets 37 months for cheating government on trade — July 1, 2013
- Tijuana police record 222 attempted bribes over last 4 months — May 2, 2013
- Former USD athlete gets six months for game rigging — March 1, 2013
- Last of SPAWAR Defendants Sentenced to Prison — April 12, 2010