Don Bauder 9:30 p.m., March 30
Two county lawyers disbarred
Moral turpitude involved in Shaber, Biedebach cases
According to the September California Bar Journal, two county lawyers have been disbarred. Craig Shaber, who had been convicted n 2010 for felony tax evasion, was deemed to have been involved in moral turpitude. Shaber and his accountant partner raked in money by obtaining control of shell companies and dumping their shares in the shells for substantial profits. Shaber evaded taxes on those sales and was sentenced to 10 months in prison.
In 2011, James Biedebach of Del Mar had received a 15-month suspension after stipulating to five counts of misconduct. But, says the bar, he did not schedule a meeting with his probation deputy in the mandated time frame, and committed moral turpitude because in a quarterly report he claimed to have met the deadlines for meeting the conditions of probation.
More like this:
- San Diego County lawyers run afoul of California Bar — Dec. 3, 2013
- Local lawyers disciplined — July 3, 2013
- Three San Diego lawyers disbarred — March 10, 2013
- Lawyer Stocker disbarred over child pornography — Feb. 11, 2013
- Lawyer for Duke's Wife Disbarred — Feb. 6, 2012