Ian Pike noon, Dec. 8
The Port of San Diego recently awarded San Diegan CiCi Sayer top prize in its first “Port for All” photography contest celebrating the organization’s 50th anniversary.
Entrants were given four themes in which to submit their shots: maritime trade, recreation, environmental stewardship, and public safety.
Sayer’s winning shot was taken at sunset, overlooking a host of sailboats docked in the America’s Cup Harbor near downtown.
“I prefer to think of San Diego Bay as my front yard with the most beautiful skyline of any city in the U.S.A.,” Sayer told Port officials when presented with her award plaque at a recent board meeting. The organization retains rights to submitted work to use in marketing material over the next year.
More like this:
- Port Approves $150 Million Budget — July 5, 2012
- Oakland Company to Demolish South Bay Power Plant — May 9, 2012
- Port Offers Sponsorship to Business Generators — April 4, 2012
- Port Announces More Meetings on Vendor/Entertainer Regulations — March 21, 2012
- Port Taking Suggestions for Improvement Projects — Jan. 11, 2012