Ian Anderson 7:30 p.m., Dec. 2
Winner awarded in Port's inaugural photo contest
The Port of San Diego recently awarded San Diegan CiCi Sayer top prize in its first “Port for All” photography contest celebrating the organization’s 50th anniversary.
Entrants were given four themes in which to submit their shots: maritime trade, recreation, environmental stewardship, and public safety.
Sayer’s winning shot was taken at sunset, overlooking a host of sailboats docked in the America’s Cup Harbor near downtown.
“I prefer to think of San Diego Bay as my front yard with the most beautiful skyline of any city in the U.S.A.,” Sayer told Port officials when presented with her award plaque at a recent board meeting. The organization retains rights to submitted work to use in marketing material over the next year.
More like this:
- San Diego World Beer Cup Winners — May 7, 2012
- A Pre-World Beer Cup Session with Pizza Port OB — April 5, 2012
- Port Announces More Meetings on Vendor/Entertainer Regulations — March 21, 2012
- Bartering for a Flight Aboard the Eureka — July 15, 2011
- North Embarcadero is Blooming with the New Urban Trees 6 Exhibit in Downtown San Diego! — Sept. 9, 2009