Liz Swain 10:30 a.m., Sept. 30
Local lawyers disciplined by state bar
Some suspended for periods, too
San Diego County lawyers have been disciplined by the State Bar of California.
Thomas William Smith of Oceanside was placed on two years of probation and suspended from practice for 30 days for failing to perform legal services for 15 months and failing to respond to a client's inquiries and take appropriate steps in another matter. Debra Roberts Torres-Reyes of Spring Valley was placed on three years of probation for illegally taking advance fees from four clients for loan modification work.
Fabrice John Desbrosses was placed on two years of probation with four months of suspension after being convicted of making annoying phone calls to his ex-wife. Police found evidence of marijuana at his home.
More like this:
- Bar comes down on San Diego County lawyers — July 14, 2016
- State bar disciplines seven local lawyers — June 9, 2016
- Not suggesting you steer clear of these lawyers, but... — Feb. 15, 2016
- Don't seek legal help from these guys — June 2, 2015
- Three county lawyers disciplined — May 2, 2014