Lindsay Marks 6 p.m., Dec. 5
Owner of loose horses located
Says she's had problems with fences being cut at her border-area ranch
A small herd of six horses that had been wandering a Boulevard-area campground for the last few weeks were reunited with their owner, who came forward to claim them late Wednesday morning (October 9).
The owner contacted County Animal Services to claim the horses, saying that she had experienced problems with people cutting her fences open, which allowed the animals to escape.
After paying a fee to cover the costs of recovering, housing, and feeding the group, which were all reported to have been in good health at the time they were found, the unnamed owner was able to reclaim them and transport them home.
More like this:
- Group of horses found, captured in Boulevard — Oct. 9, 2013
- Horses abused by Ramona woman find new homes — Aug. 27, 2013
- Charges Filed Against Former Owners of SD Zoo's Elephants — Sept. 2, 2011
- Where do they go when the races are over? — July 13, 2011
- Horses and Their Women — March 7, 2002