Scott Marks 7:42 p.m., July 28
Bayfront tourist shuttle begins service
The Port of San Diego has announced that, in partnership with recently embattled Ace Parking Management, it will again operate the Big Bay Shuttle service this summer, starting today (May 24).
After a successful trial run last year that saw ridership of over 20,000, 2013 marks the first official year of operation for the shuttle, which will operate a loop route primarily serving tourists along the downtown bay front from the Sheraton hotel on Harbor Island to the East Village.
Day passes are $3, and stops will mostly include area hotels: 1. Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina (Harbor Island) 2. Maritime Museum of San Diego 3. Wyndham San Diego Bayside 4. Broadway Pier/Navy Pier 5. Seaport Village 6. Manchester Grand Hyatt 7. San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina 8. Hilton Bayfront San Diego
The shuttles will run from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and until 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday through the Labor Day weekend.
More like this:
- 4th OF JULY CELEBRATIONS — July 1, 2013
- Big Bay Boom prepares to try again — June 10, 2013
- The Embarcadero — March 30, 2011
- Thanks to the Cook — T-Day Dining — Nov. 10, 2010
- Famous Firework Event in 92101 Downtown San Diego - 4th of July Celebration — June 16, 2009