Dorian Hargrove 8:30 a.m., Sept. 18
Produce from trade show donated to local food pantries
32,000 pounds of fruits and vegetables were distributed to local soup kitchens and food pantries following the United Fresh Produce Association industry conference that took place last week in San Diego, the group announced along with partner group Feeding America yesterday (May 21).
“United Fresh and exhibitors at the show are proud to support the Feeding America network of food banks,” said United Fresh vice president of convention and industry relations John Toner in a releasefrom the organization.
A group of more than 30 volunteers moved the food from the convention center to participating charity groups following the gathering that ran from May 14 through May 16.
More like this:
- Produce is a vehicle for our souls — Jan. 8, 2014
- La Jolla nonprofit plans pricey Cuba visit — Sept. 12, 2013
- Cantaloupe Convention Will Address Industry's Battered Image — Jan. 10, 2012
- For 2000 Instead of 20 — May 7, 2009
- The Well-Traveled Tomato — March 8, 2007