Don Bauder 12:30 p.m., Aug. 30
Pennsylvania woman makes plea bargain in “coochie” smuggle case
22 year old attempted to smuggle cocaine and heroin into San Diego from Tijuana
A 22 year old Pennsylvania woman, who attempted to smuggle narcotics into the United States, has made a plea bargain at the U.S. District Court in San Diego. Samantha Kurdilla was apprehended on January 15 with 75 grams of cocaine and 25 grams of heroin hidden inside her vaginal cavity, within a condom. According to a report by TheSmokingGun.com, border agents were alerted by a drug dog of a narcotic odor coming from Kurdilla’s groin area. A male companion left the scene at the time, but was later arrested in connection with the smuggling attempt.
According to court documents, the plea was made on May 15 to reduce Kurdilla’s charges to a misdemeanor count of heroin possession. The defendant originally faced a felony smuggling charge. At the time of the arrest, self incriminating text messages were found in a cell phone stating “I’m smuggling cocaine and heroin in my coochie.”
The 44 year old male companion, James Perry, had previously plead guilty to a felony cocaine smuggling charge resulting from the incident.
More like this:
- Large drug seizures on both sides of border — Aug. 5, 2013
- California woman busted with 23 pounds of narcotics at Calexico port of entry — June 18, 2013
- Over $1 million worth of cocaine seized at San Ysidro — Oct. 3, 2012
- A Pair of Heroin Problems — Aug. 27, 2012
- 21 Arrested with Narcotics in Mexicali — March 4, 2012