Eva Knott 7:43 p.m., April 15
L.A. native gets 43 year sentence for killing two people near Ensenada
American working for cartel killed a man and woman, seriously injured another woman
A United States citizen, working as a hitman in Mexico, was sentenced to over 43 years in prison on Monday, March 25th. Daniel Sánchez Núñez, the 29 year old criminal from Los Angeles, killed a man and woman in June of 2009. The shooting, which occurred north of Ensenada, also seriously injured another woman. According to Ensenada.net, the female victim was allegedly associated with a drug lab and possibly gave up information after she was arrested in 2008.
Sánchez Núñez was not arrested until October of 2010, when he was stopped at a checkpoint traveling between Culiacan, Sinaloa to Mexicali. Others are still wanted in connection with the murders.
Sánchez Núñez had been living in the area since at least 2003, when he was arrested for injuring a minor.
More like this:
- Spectator killed during Baja 500 — June 2, 2013
- Unidentified woman killed — Nov. 13, 2012
- Multiple suspects arrested in Ensenada woman’s murder — Oct. 21, 2012
- Sporadic Ensenada violence shocking community — Oct. 1, 2012
- Drug Trafficker Sentenced to Over 13 Years in Baja Prison — July 19, 2012