Garrett Harris 8 p.m., Aug. 19
Mexicali celebrating 110 years as a city
Capital of Baja California founded in 1903
Mexicali, the capital of Baja California, is celebrating 110 years as a city on Thursday, March 14th. The city, with an estimated municipal population of over 950,000, has been the capital of Baja California since 1914. The city began developing at the brink of the 20th century due to farmers taking advantage of the rich soil.
Mexicali lies in the northeast corner of Baja California, 180km (111miles) from Tijuana. The city shares the international border with much smaller El Centro, CA.
More like this:
- Mexicali received highest number of deportees in 2012 — April 9, 2013
- New narco-tunnel discovered in Mexicali — Jan. 5, 2013
- Travel warnings — Nov. 21, 2012
- L.A. Sureño arms trafficker nabbed in Mexicali — Nov. 11, 2012
- SSPE: Crime Is Down in Baja — May 16, 2012