Eva Knott 7:30 a.m., Aug. 20
Suspected teenage hitman apprehended in Tijuana
17 year old allegedly killed 9 victims in less than a year
A suspected teenage hitman was apprehended in Tijuana on Saturday, March 9th, after pulling off a brazen attack which killed a man at La Ruta de la 6 bar in la Zona Centro. The attack occurred around 7:30pm, which also wounded another person. The two suspects were quickly apprehended nearby, as witnesses described the two shooters.
Abel Galván Gallardo, the chief Organized Crime Attorney for the State Attorney General’s office, released details on the minor and his detention on Monday, March 11th. The 17 year old male was identified as Antonio. The minor, whose last name was not released, goes by the alias “El Morrito”. Authorities believe he is responsible for at least nine murders in less than a year’s time.
According to Galván Gallardo, the victim of the attack was 25 year old Ismael Valle, the son of the bar owner where the incident occurred.
Mexico has witnessed a rash of teenage hitman in recent years, as organized crime groups have taken advantage of Mexico’s hesitancy to prosecute minors.
More like this:
- Five killed overnight in Tijuana — June 8, 2013
- Alleged L.A. child rapist possibly seen in Tijuana — April 7, 2013
- Authorities ask Baja citizens to be on look for alleged L.A. child rapist — April 4, 2013
- L.A. native gets 43 year sentence for killing two people near Ensenada — March 26, 2013
- Only 17 and he already killed 9 people — March 12, 2013