Scott Marks 8 a.m., April 30
No homicides in month of February for Ensenada, first without since 2005
Baja California city officially records zero homicides
The city of Ensenada, which lies 103km (64.2 miles) south of Tijuana, recorded its first month without a homicide since May of 2005. According to statistics released by the state’s attorney general, the Baja California coastal city recorded zero homicides in February of 2013, a trend the city hopes to build on.
Three homicides were recorded in the city during January, compared to the ten homicides recorded in the months of January and February of 2012.
More like this:
- Less than 4% of Baja California homicides in 2012 resulted in convictions — July 18, 2013
- Baja California homicides up as result of drug violence — May 7, 2013
- Five homicides in Tijuana over 24 hours — Jan. 30, 2013
- Baja fugitive arrested in Utah — Jan. 19, 2013
- Homicide count continues downward for Baja California — Jan. 2, 2013