Dorian Hargrove 4:30 p.m., Dec. 2
Three killed in Tijuana drug violence
Alleged drug dealers gunned down in street violence
During the late hours of Thursday, February 28th, and into Friday morning, three homicides occurred across Tijuana. According to authorities, all three are tied to local drug sales.
The first victim, 27 year old Jorge Luis Ramírez Cisneros, was shot twice in the colonia Montes Olímpicos. The second victim, a 50 year old man identified as Martin, was shot with a different caliber gun, in the colonia Independencia. The third victim, whom has not been identified, was killed several hours later in Playas de Tijuana.
Homicides are rarely successfully prosecuted in Tijuana, yet the murder rate has steadily dropped in recent years.
More like this:
- Five killed overnight in Tijuana — June 8, 2013
- 14 homicides in Tijuana over seven days — April 15, 2013
- Two female victims found dead within 48 hours near U.S. border in Tijuana — March 18, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 6 Murders at 4 Places in the City Following Drug Seizure; Killers Chase After Municipal Policeman — Jan. 10, 2013
- Three Killed in Tijuana Violence Saturday — July 29, 2012