Garrett Harris 2 p.m., July 29
Student Paraglider killed during lesson.
Sheriff responds to a call of a man not breathing after crashing into rocks.
A 48 year old Colorado man was killed in a paragliding accident at the south end of Seacoast Drive in Imperial Beach Wednesday, June 26 according to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department. At around 4:15 p.m., deputies from the Imperial Beach Sheriff’s Station responded to a 911 call of a man not breathing who had been paragliding with an instructor and classmates. He was airborne, started to drift and then crashed on to the rocks. His instructor provided CPR until paramedics arrived on scene and took over. Despite their efforts he could not be revived and his death was pronounced via radio contact with a local hospital. A witness, who asked that his name not be used, said “It was gruesome, he not only hit the ground but he was dragged over the cobblestones and into the Estuary.”
More like this:
- Hostage situation averted in Imperial Beach — June 21, 2013
- Man walks into the Imperial Beach Sheriff Station and says he just killed his wife — Feb. 6, 2013
- Teen Driver with Young Students Crashes into Fire Hydrant in Imperial Beach — June 17, 2011
- Boy Collides with Truck in Imperial Beach — Jan. 12, 2011
- Little Girl Strays From Imperial Beach Daycare Center — Nov. 17, 2010