Dorian Hargrove 2:30 p.m., April 18
DUI crackdown nets one drunk driver
Saturday night’s DUI crackdown at the San Diego County Fair, which brought officers from eight local law enforcement agencies together to conduct “saturation patrols” around the fairgrounds, resulted in 95 total traffic stops, with 16 drivers evaluated for driving under the influence and one arrested for the same offense.
The other 15 drivers were cited for more minor traffic offenses, including one who was cited and released for driving without a license.
In addition to the agencies listed Friday, the La Mesa, Oceanside, and San Diego Police Departments committed officers to the operation.
More like this:
- DUI patrol heads to the fair — June 21, 2013
- New Year's DUI crackdowns begin, SDPD officer injured by suspected drunk in Santee — Dec. 31, 2012
- $300,000 in federal funds for Sheriff's anti-DUI campaign — Oct. 31, 2012
- Weekend DUI Checkpoint Nets No Arrests — March 21, 2012
- DUIs Up Over Past 4th Weekends — July 6, 2011