Lindsay Marks 6 p.m., Dec. 5
Bids solicited for Santee Lakes restroom replacement
Initial cost estimate at $499,000
The Padre Dam Water District is seeking sealed bids for the replacement of a restroom facility at the Sycamore campground within Santee Lakes, with an engineer’s estimated cost in excess of $499,000.
While specifications for the project are unavailable without being registered as an official bidder through a third-party private company, Padre Dam says that “the general scope of work includes the demolition of the current restroom facility and replacement with a prefabricated restroom.”
San Diego residents expressed concern over the estimated $480,000 cost to replace a restroom facility in Ocean Beach in 2010. The custom design then included numerous stylistic touches, along with nine toilets, three showers, bike racks, and a solar system designed to generate 100 percent of the facility’s power. The city, however, picked up the tab for demolishing the old building in that instance.
More like this:
- Water recyclers — Dec. 6, 2012
- Cost revolt — Nov. 26, 2012
- New suit filed challenging forest fees — Oct. 26, 2012
- Costs Surrounding San Onofre Shutdown Continue to Climb — May 29, 2012
- $498,000 Design Cost for new Hillcrest Fire Station — June 14, 2011