Various Authors 9:18 p.m., Feb. 7
La Paz solar energy facility to be largest in Latin America
Facility under construction in Baja California Sur to lead region in clean power
Construction is currently under way on a solar energy facility plant in the Baja California Sur city of La Paz. When the facility is finished, which is estimated for August, 2013, it will power an estimated 160,000 homes. The facility will be the largest of its kind in Mexico and Latin America.
According to SolarLove.org, the plant is being built by Martifer Solar, a subsidiary of Martifer SGPS. The company is responsible for all of the engineering and construction, and will also provide operation and maintenance services after the plant is completed.
Experts have stated the nation’s solar energy potential because of Mexico’s nearly year-round sun exposure.
More like this:
- Imperial County Officials Tour Solar Farm Site — April 30, 2012
- Sempra Wins Solar Energy Award — Oct. 20, 2011
- Sempra to Quadruple Nevada Solar Generation — Aug. 5, 2011
- Imperial Valley Solar Project DOA As SDG&E Power Source? — Dec. 30, 2010
- Sempra To Increase Alternative Energy Generation in Kern County — Nov. 11, 2010