Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., March 11
El Cajon man reports finding wife dead, ends up arrested for murder
El Cajon Police are treating the death last night of a local resident as a homicide, and have announced this morning (June 3) the arrest of the victim’s husband.
According to a police report, Salem Zora returned home to his apartment on the 100 block of Roanoke Road near El Cajon’s downtown area around 8:00 last night and found his wife not breathing.
When police and paramedics arrived on the scene, Gankil Wijdan was pronounced dead and an investigation commenced. Wijdan was found to have suffered from several stab wounds, and Zora was arrested and charged with murder after officers found several inconsistencies in his story and gathered unspecified evidence from the crime scene.
Neither spouse had a criminal record or history of domestic violence. Prior to Sunday night, police had no history of having been dispatched to the apartment where the couple lived alone.
More like this:
- El Cajon man caught burgling vehicle in Walmart parking lot — Oct. 15, 2013
- Shots fired, two arrested in El Cajon brawl — Oct. 14, 2013
- El Cajon man arrested in bicycle-related stabbing — July 24, 2013
- Mystery Thief Robs Unknown Victim — Aug. 30, 2011
- Man Brings Lover Roses Then Shoots Her — Aug. 9, 2007