Walter Mencken 10:15 a.m., Dec. 13
Spectator killed during Baja 500
Driver from San Jose, California lost control on sharp curve
A spectator of the Baja 500 race was killed near Ensenada, BC, after an American driver lost control of his vehicle on a sharp curve. The incident occurred just northeast of Ensenada on June 1. An 11 year old boy was also injured and taken to a local hospital. The driver, from San Jose, CA, was arrested while authorities further investigate the death of the 39 year old male victim.
The Baja 500 is part of a series of all terrain desert races which are held annually in Baja California. The races are considered the best in their class, drawing competitors from across the globe.
More like this:
- Baja authorities searching for missing 11 year old girl — May 23, 2013
- NorCal homicide suspect apprehended in Ensenada after 13 years on the run — May 6, 2013
- Baja fugitive arrested in Utah — Jan. 19, 2013
- Two more women dead in Baja — Sept. 6, 2012
- San Jose Murderer Nabbed in Mexicali — May 24, 2012