Matt Potter 3:30 p.m., Feb. 27
Woman arrested with over two pounds of cocaine inside shoes in Imperial County
Suspect was questioned at Border Patrol checkpoint, admitted to carrying drugs
A female suspect, who was questioned at the Highway 86 checkpoint in Imperial County, was arrested for carrying narcotics inside her shoes, on Tuesday, July 23. The suspect, who is a United States citizen, stated that she was carrying an unknown substance in the bottom of her shoes. According to Customs and Border Patrol authorities, that substance ended up being 2.34 pounds of cocaine.
The suspect was turned over to the Drug Enforcement Agency for further investigation.
More like this:
- Mule manure monitor? — April 3, 2015
- Recent big Border Patrol busts of Mexican drugs — Nov. 21, 2013
- Migrants found in refrigerated truck traveling through Imperial Valley — March 29, 2013
- Meth Found at Interstate 8 Checkpoint — July 22, 2011
- Smuggled by Surfboard — June 11, 2009