Marty Graham 10:30 a.m., Sept. 18
San Diego County Sheriff issues “intruder alert”
Warning: secure all doors and windows, even on hot summer nights
This morning, at 5:30 a.m., deputies received a call reporting an intruder in a home in the 1200 block of Calle Colnett in San Marcos.
“The unknown male intruder fled from the bedroom of the caller's young daughter after she screamed,” according to Lieutenant James Bolwerk, in a statement released today, July 19, 2013.
“Deputies from the Sheriff's San Marcos Station responded and searched the area for the suspect, but were unable to locate him,” the lieutenant stated.
“In order to reduce the opportunity for this type of crime, the Sheriff's Department recommends residents secure all exterior doors and windows while members of the family sleep.”
Investigators are asking anyone with information about the stranger who intruded into the San Marcos home this morning to call 858-565-5200 or 888-580-8477.
“You can remain anonymous and be eligible for up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest,” according to the lieutenant.
More like this:
- Escondido man suspected of being burglar extraordinaire — Jan. 28, 2014
- Escondido police report a rise in burglaries — July 8, 2013
- Three men stabbed at party advertised on Facebook — Jan. 30, 2013
- Man who rescued domestic violence victim was rammed by car — Jan. 22, 2013
- Suspicious person going door-to-door in Encinitas — Dec. 18, 2012