Vincent Farnsworth 6:31 p.m., Dec. 4
Lakeside man rescued from attic in house fire
Deputies inhale smoke upon entering burning building
A twenty-two year-old Lakeside man was rescued from the attic of a burning home by San Diego Sheriff’s deputies yesterday (July 18).
Upon arriving at the scene of a reported house fire on the 12500 block of Vista Cajon Court, an unnamed woman informed authorities that her boyfriend was “dying in the attic.”
Deputies entered the building and pulled an unconscious Michael Gabbett out of the attic through an upstairs bedroom. Gabbett was treated by paramedics at the scene before being transported to UCSD Hospital. Three deputies were also treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
More like this:
- Lakeside man pleads guilty to child molestation, firing on police — Oct. 17, 2013
- Man rescued from house fire in El Cajon — July 19, 2013
- Sheriff's Department identifies suspect in Santee murder — Oct. 1, 2012
- Drunk Rescued, Arrested on Hiking Trail — July 25, 2012
- Man Hides From Cops in Attic — June 23, 2011