Daniel Powell 2 p.m., Feb. 26
Former federal police commander killed in Rosarito
Bernardo Oliver Camarena gunned down while at restaurant, assailants captured
A former federal police commander was gunned down while dining at a Playas de Rosarito restaurant, on Monday, June 15. Bernardo Oliver Camarena, a former commander in Baja California Sur, was shot multiple times. The attack occurred shortly after 10am at the Ejido Mazatlán restaurant.
Municipal police quickly pursued two gunmen, who were captured after a firefight. Antonio Moreno and Julio César Palomino, the alleged attackers, were hospitalized while in custody with gunshot wounds.
More like this:
- Man gunned down at hamburger stand in Rosarito — June 6, 2013
- Rosarito's Connection to the Iran-Contra Affair — July 9, 2011
- Border News Translations 29: Police Commander Killed — April 19, 2011
- Mexican Drug Cartels: You Want Silver or Lead? — Sept. 22, 2010
- Greetings from Tijuana — Aug. 6, 2008