Don Bauder 11:30 a.m., April 28
Filner won't resign, names Ekard interim chief operating officer
The mayor says the obvious: he is entitled to due process
"I'm not going to resign, and here's why," said Mayor Bob Filner in a written statement this morning (July 15). "As your elected mayor, I fully expect to be accountable to the citizens of San Diego for all of my actions. But as a citizen of this country I also expect -- and am entitled to -- due process, and the opportunity to respond in a fair and impartial venue to specific allegations. I do not believe I am guilty of sexual harassment."
He announced that Walt Ekard, former chief administrator of the County, will be interim chief operating officer. Ekard appointed Scott Chadwick, who has been interim chief operating officer, to become assistant chief operating officer.
More like this:
- Just what authority will Council President Todd Gloria have after taking control of Mayor's Office? — Aug. 24, 2013
- The suspicious timeline of the Filner recall, domain names registered January 7th — Aug. 2, 2013
- Questions about McCormack Jackson suit — July 22, 2013
- Go Bob Go!!! Don't resign Filner! We the people need you now more than ever! — July 16, 2013
- We are being bullied into accepting a resignation from Filner: This is not a dictatorship — July 13, 2013