Terry Hertzler 9 p.m., Nov. 26
Five homicides in Tijuana over 24 hours
Separate homicides spread out across city
A string of homicides in Tijuana began Tuesday evening, January 28th, when a man killed from a head injury was found near the La Mesa penitentiary. The violence continued as the body of a man was found in the eastern part of the city on Wednesday evening. Not long after, another man’s burnt body was discovered in the Rio Tijuana canal.
According to local authorities, the homicides continued throughout Wednesday, as a strangled woman was discovered in the Mariano Matamoros area, in the southeast of the city, later in the night. The fifth homicide in the city was a man found near the Rio Tijuana canal, discovered in a dumpster.
Tijuana has recorded 42 murders so far in the month of January.
More like this:
- The curious walking reeds of the Tijuana River — Sept. 24, 2014
- Five killed overnight in Tijuana — June 8, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Tecate Professor Commits Suicide; Body of Executed Man Discovered — Jan. 17, 2013
- Human head found in Rosarito — Jan. 4, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Corpse Found in Canal; Suspected Murderer Stoned 2 Girls — Oct. 24, 2012