Don Bauder 2:30 p.m., Aug. 1
Tijuana receives tactical armored truck from U.S. funding
Merida Initiative pays for heavy duty police vehicle to transport criminals
The Attorney General’s Office of Baja California subtly announced, by parking it outside of their Tijuana office, the arrival of a new tactical armored truck to be used by the state police. The vehicle known as BATT, which stands for Ballistic Armored Tactical Transport, adorns “Black Knight” logos, which have drawn much attention.
The 15.5 ton vehicle can hold 15 people and has one of the highest bomb and bullet proof systems available. While the truck can be used for multiple purposes, it has been stated by authorities it will be primarily for transporting dangerous criminals.
The manufacturer of the vehicle, The Armored Group, LLC, is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ.
More like this:
- Two female victims found dead within 48 hours near U.S. border in Tijuana — March 18, 2013
- Suspect busted with over $1million cash owned restaurant in Tijuana — Aug. 21, 2012
- Two U.S. Fugitives Arrested in Baja — Aug. 5, 2012
- Meth & Cash Found Near Otay Mesa — July 31, 2012
- 55 International Fugitives Captured in Baja During First Half of 2012 — July 23, 2012