Dave Rice 8:30 a.m., Nov. 24
Tijuana receives tactical armored truck from U.S. funding
Merida Initiative pays for heavy duty police vehicle to transport criminals
The Attorney General’s Office of Baja California subtly announced, by parking it outside of their Tijuana office, the arrival of a new tactical armored truck to be used by the state police. The vehicle known as BATT, which stands for Ballistic Armored Tactical Transport, adorns “Black Knight” logos, which have drawn much attention.
The 15.5 ton vehicle can hold 15 people and has one of the highest bomb and bullet proof systems available. While the truck can be used for multiple purposes, it has been stated by authorities it will be primarily for transporting dangerous criminals.
The manufacturer of the vehicle, The Armored Group, LLC, is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ.
More like this:
- San Diego Unified scores mine-resistant Army truck — Sept. 9, 2014
- Tijuana Violence in the Name of the State — Dec. 29, 2010
- "Mommy, why are they shooting at us again?" — April 1, 2009
- Greetings from Tijuana — Aug. 6, 2008
- They Tried to Cut The Roof with an Ax — Nov. 24, 2004