Eva Knott 7:43 p.m., April 15
Fabian Nunez willing to write check to any Hueso running for public office?
Nunez kicks in $5,000 to Ruben Hueso's run for School Board in Pasadena
Former assembly speaker now running for state treasurer, Fabian Nunez, is spreading the wealth, to any member of the Hueso family who decides to run public office.
On January 16, Nunez wrote a check from his state treasurer campaign fund to Ruben Hueso for $5,000 to go towards his run for a seat on the Pasadena school board.
A San Diego native, Hueso moved to Pasadena to become a teacher after graduating from the University of California at Los Angeles.
The donation to Ruben's campaign comes five days after Nunez gave $4,100 to former council member and current assembly member Ben Hueso, Ruben's relative.
Since becoming a partner at public policy firm, Mercury Public Affairs, Nunez has maintained a public profile.
Last year, the former state assembly speaker blasted District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis for filing a lawsuit opposing former Governor Schwarzenegger's last minute decision to take 9 years off of his son's prison sentence for the alleged stabbing of a 19-year old college student.
Then in October 2012, the Los Angeles Times reported that Nunez lost nearly $500,000 on his Sacramento mansion he had purchased years earlier.
And just in case any more members of the Hueso family decide to run for office, there's plenty of cash to go around. As of October 20, 2012, Nunez reported a $4,444,764.01 cash balance in his state treasurer campaign fund.
More like this:
- Lorena Gonzalez rakes in more than $160,000 in campaign contributions in five month span — April 19, 2013
- Ben Hueso uses campaign funds for his brother's campaign and to pay for hotel stays with his son — Feb. 1, 2013
- Núñez kicks in for Hueso senate bid — Jan. 14, 2013
- New Years Eve, same old politics — Jan. 2, 2013
- Fabian Nuñez Reports Almost $4.7 Million in Campaign Cash — Jan. 30, 2012