Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Sept. 29
Human head found in Rosarito
Decapitated head discovered in plastic bag
A human head was found in Playas de Rosarito on Thursday, January 3rd, after a citizen opened a plastic bag emitting a strong odor. The head, which is in an advanced state of decomposition, was found in an empty lot in the colonia Obrera.
Local authorities stated they are investigating if the head is linked to the discovery of two female arms and a torso found nearby in December.
If the remains are identified as a homicide that occurred in 2012, it would add to the total of 31 homicides recorded last year in Rosarito. The city had a much lower homicide count than 2011, which saw 88 murders through November alone.
More like this:
- Two afternoon executions in Tijuana — June 11, 2013
- Baja California homicides up as result of drug violence — May 7, 2013
- Homicide count continues downward for Baja California — Jan. 2, 2013
- New report confirms massive drop in Baja California homicides — Aug. 21, 2012
- Plague of the Urban Tumbleweeds — Sept. 10, 2008