5:15 a.m., Aug. 24
Fence-hopping felon nabbed in La Mesa
La Mesa Police arrested 31 year-old Gene Ramirez Valdez of National City yesterday after a backyard chase following a reported burglary in the 7100 block of Purdue Avenue.
Responding to a call from a resident who reported seeing a man hiding in her backyard clutching two purses, officers arrived and gave chase as Ramirez Valdez attempted to flee by hopping several fences and traversing neighbors’ backyards.
After a brief foot pursuit, the suspect was apprehended on the 4300 block of Oxford Street, about a block away. Stolen property, including the purses, were recovered and returned to their owner.
Ramirez Valdez was booked into county jail on charges of residential burglary and resisting arrest, in addition to an outstanding felony warrant.
More like this:
- Morning burglary interrupted in Cardiff — May 26, 2016
- Firefighters call police — July 30, 2014
- El Cajon man caught burgling vehicle in Walmart parking lot — Oct. 15, 2013
- Neighbors help nab quartet of burglary suspects in El Cajon — Aug. 5, 2013
- Unlicensed Magazine Peddler Steals Diamond Bracelet — Nov. 21, 2011